Monday, November 5, 2007

potty talk


i hesitated posting this pic...knowing that there are sick-o's out there who will blow this picture up and judge me based on how clean my bowl is (which it isn't)...if you're one of those people, stop- just read the story.


the following is the actual conversation between beckett and i around the toilet.

me- "beckett, do you know what this is?" (knowing full well that it was in fact a piece of the salmon that he was having for lunch- i had heard the plop in the water, investigated- but waited to bring it up until he had finished the rest of the salmon, all his green beans and had picked out his dessert)

beckett- "i think it's poo-poo"

me- "i don't think so, look again"

beckett- (totally straight faced) "it must be diarrhea"

me- "beckett,(deep breath) be honest."

beckett- (now fidgeting) "if i tell you it's salmon will you give me a han-ken?"

fyi: he didn't get a "han-kin"...i just tossed dessert (a pack of dots from his halloween candy stash) in the bowl too and flushed it all down- reserving one in my pocket to give him once i saw a truly repentant heart.

8 comments:

spaghettipie said...

Okay, I don't know whether or not to be slightly disturbed that you posted a picture of salmon in your toilet, amused at the fact that you posted a picture of salmon in your toilet, or just plain encouraged by your parenting skills and precious son. I choose all three.

kellie said...

nikki,
seriously! the pics of halloween, the salmon all of it is so FUNNY! I am sitting here thinking how to get beckett's costume on my screensaver!love it! love you!

Krista Sanders said...

I love what pasta girl said up there. Ditto.
Your little B is a smart one.
Did he get his dot later?

nikki said...

krista,
he did!! and then he said "p-wees don't tell at-wee that i put my salmon in the potty- she'll be so mad at me".

TJ Wilson said...

oh my gosh, definitely one of my favs. and yes, "pasta girl" - ha! - said it perfectly. ditto ditto.

lynne said...

miss nikki-so happy to come upon your blog tonight. you have such precious babes. so beautiful. love your salmon story. love and miss you.
lynne sitton (dalke)

nikki said...

lynne,
i am so glad you stopped by!! i'd love to catch up with you- i still carry a note in my bible that you gave to me one night at ichthus!

miss you too!
n.

bobbythebhive said...

that's actually how i prefer salmon...
uncle bobby

Life in the Inn full of Andersons